13/09/2018 by Chef Arbie Hastomo 0 Comments
SLOW ROASTED LAMB SHANK
PrepTime : 30 Minutes
Cook Time : 6 Hours(Include Roasting)
Morrocan Spiced Lamb Shanks
1,5 kg (2 pcs) Marlee South Australian Lamb Shanks
150 gr Red Capsicum, chopped
120gr Onion, chopped
150 gr Carrot, sliced
70 gr Garlic, chopped
250 gr Fresh tomato, peeled and diced
1 piece Lemon, zest grated and squished
30 gr Coriander Leaf, chopped
2 pinches of Cumin powder
2 pinches of Paprika Powder
a pinch of Chilli Powder
60 ml Olive Oil
10gr Unsalted Butter
10gr Cracked blackpepper
15 gr Tejakula Salt
30 gr carrots
30 gr baby beans
20 gr green peas
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
500gr Sweet potato, boiled and mashed
100ml Cooking cream
30gr Unsalted butter, melted
a pinch of Tejakula Salt
a pinch Cracked black pepper
5 tbsp Plain Set Yoghurt
70gr Japanese Cucumber, Chopped
10gr Garlic, finely chopped
10gr Fresh Mint Leaf, finely chopped
1 tbs of Lemon juice
a pinch of Tejakula salt
a pinch of cracked black pepper
Method of Cooking:
- Brown the Lamb shanks by dust them with white flour and cook them in olive oil on a hot pan.
- Season them with salt and pepper. Once they’re done put them aside.
- Heat a big roast pan, add carrots, capsicum, onion , garlic and butter, Once they get browned add the cooked lamb shanks to the roast pan.
- Add 1,5 liter of mineral water to the roast pan and followed by adding the paprika powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped coriander and seasoning to finish it and bring the water to boil. Once the water gets boiled cover it with aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 6 hours in 180 degrees celcius (constant checking and stirring are necessary).
- While the lamb shank is cooking. Put water in to a pot and bring it to boil, add sweet potatoes (peeled and cut in big diced cuts),add a pinch of salt to season.
- Check the middle part of the sweet potato with a knife or a fork to make sure the sweet potatoes are ready to be mashed. Once they ready, strain the water and mash the sweet potatoes and mix it with the cooking cream, melted unsalted butter, and a pinch of Tejakula salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix plain set yoghurt, finely chopped Japanese cucumber, garlic and fresh mint leaf, season it with Tejakula salt and cracked black pepper and finish it with lemon juice, put it in the fridge.
- Placecarrot (cut in quarter), baby beans (top and tail off), and green peas in to a steam pot. Season them with salt and pepper and a dash of melted butter.
- Place the sweet mashed potatoes, then place the lamb shanks with the sauce.
- Put the steamed vegetables and the Tzaziki sauce on the side. Garnish it with green peas and fresh coriander leafs