06/05/2019 by Gupta Sitorus and Primo Rizky 0 Comments
Putu Ice Cream
INGREDIENTS For ice cream
Milk 16 oz and 2 tbsp
Heavy cream 10 oz
Sugar 100 g
Pandan juice 1/4 cup
Salt a pinch
Tapioca starch 1/2 tsp
Make 1/4 cup of pandan juice by blending 6-8 pcs of pandanus and suji leaves with 1/4 cup of water.
Gula jawa, cut to small pieces 100 g
Desiccated coconut, toast 100 g
1. Mix together milk, cream, sugar, salt, and pandan juice in a saucepan.
2. Simmer the mixture.
3. In a small bowl, mix tapioca starch with 2 tablespoon milk. Stir until fully incorporated.
4. Pour tapioca starch mixture into saucepan. Stir regularly to avoid lumps.
5. Chill the mixture in ice bath and refrigerate for 8 hours.
6. After 8 hours, churn then mixture according to machine instructions.
7. Add small chunks of gula jawa and toasted desiccated coconut into the freshly churned ice cream base and mix carefully.