11/03/2019 by Charins Chang 0 Comments
EARL GREY CRUNCHY BAR
Yield: 16 bars
Earl Grey ganache
Elle & Vire whipping cream (1)* 200g
Earl Grey tea leaves 10g
Cacao Berry Alunga chocolate 330g
Cocoa butter 20g
Elle & Vire whipping cream (2)* 500g
Marie Regal crunchy base
Marie Regal cookies 82g
All-purpose flour 78g
Coarse sugar 63g
Elle & Vire unsalted butter 77g
Earl Grey ganache:
1. In a pot, bring cream (1)* to a boil.
2. Add in the tea leaves and honey.
3. Let it infuse for 20 minutes. Cover the pot to retain all the flavor.
4. Melt the chocolate and cacao butter until 40C.
5. Heat up tea cream again and pour over melted chocolate.
6. Mix well until even.
7. Stream in cold cream (2) and thoroughly mix through, use a hand blender if available.
Marie Regal crunchy base:
1. Melt the butter in the microwave until liquid.
2. Crush cookies coarsely.
3. Mix cookies with flour and sugar.
4. Add in melted butter and mix until the texture becomes sandy.
5. Bake in a 180C oven, stirring every 10 minutes until golden brown.
6. Pack the crunch to a tight square 3mm thick andfreeze.
7. Once frozen,cut out circles to fit the chocolate mold.
1. In a 16cm square mold, evenly pack the crunchy base layer.
2. Let it set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Pour over earl grey ganache and spread evenly.
4. Let it set in the fridge overnight.
5. Once cooled, cut the ganache into 2 x 8cmfingers.
6. Using tempered dark chocolate, dip the ganache fingers into chocolate and fully coat.
7. Scrape of excess chocolate and put on a baking paper to crystallize.
8. Once set, decorate with various splatters of colored chocolate