31/01/2018 0 Comments
Ayam Tangkap Recipe
- Half free range chicken (around 200 gr). Cut chicken into 3 parts: chicken suprême, thigh with feet still attached, and head.
- 5 pandanus leaves, cleansed, pat dry with kitchen paper, cut into long julienne, deep fried, creating the “grass”
- 2 twigs curry leaves, dried using dehydrator. If use microwave, seal a bowl with cling wrap, put the twigs of curry leaves on top of the sealed bowl, thinly rub curry leaves with vegetable oil, heat for 4 - 5 minutes. Voilà the “tree”
- 1 lemongrass, cut in round shapes
- 3 shallots, pickled
- 3 chilli padi, pickled
- Vegetable oil for frying
GROUND INGREDIENTS TO MARINATE CHICKEN:
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
- 5 garlic
- 1 centimeter ginger
- 2 kefir lime leaves
- 1 cm galangal
- 1 lemongrass, take the inner stalk only
- ½ teaspoon salt
RICE AND PANDANUS CRACKERS METHOD:
- 100 grams rice, cook until reaching very soft porridge consistency
- 2 pandanus leaves
-Preheat dehydrator in 50 degree Celcius
-Spread porridge thinly on dehydrator tray, put pandanus leaves on a random manner in the flatten porridge, while leaving 50% of the porridge uncovered with pandanus.
-Dry using dehydrator for 2-3 hour
-Deep fry the rice pandanus porridge, and break randomly.
1.Marinate chicken cuts with ground ingredients. Rest for 1 hour in chiller.
2.Deep fry chicken.